Chief and Council are elected on a 2 year term:
31 August 2020 – 31 August 2022.
The Band Council’s core purpose is to respectfully, and in a transparent and accountable manner, represent the Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg membership in all areas that may come to impact the community’s rights and integrity; and to collectively work in a positive manner towards strengthening the basic fabric of the community for the present and future generations.
Our community values require Council to:
- Maintain as a priority a constant focus on the KZA community;
- Support the involvement of all community members who desire to participate in advancing the interests of the KZA community;
- Respect KZA history and culture;
- Respect various perspectives, opinions and beliefs;
- Wisely use a variety of resources to achieve the KZA established goals.
Gilbert W. Whiteduck
The Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg, through its peoples, shall strive to achieve a balanced society where every member has equal opportunity to fulfill their individual potential in a safe, sustainable environment on traditional lands, where the spiritual, cultural, physical and mental well-being can be achieved and where basic human needs can be attained.